Cream of Pepper Squash, Ginger and Yogurt Soup
Swap cream for Danone Plain yogurt to give your soup a deliciously creamy texture and fewer calories than heavy cream.
- Preparation: 45 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Makes: 4-6 servings
- 1 large pepper squash (or two small ones), seeded, halved
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1.25 L (5 cups) chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 125 ml (½ cup) Danone Plain yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brush the inside of the squash halves with olive oil and place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Place the baking sheet in the middle of the oven and bake the squash for 25 minutes or until tender.
- On a work surface, empty the squash halves with a spoon.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the squash flesh, broth, ginger and nutmeg, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a blender, puree until smooth. Season and add the yogurt. Stir and serve.
- (Note: Just before serving, add a thin slice of lemon, a spoonful of yogurt and a pinch of nutmeg, if desired.)
Oven temperature: 190 °C/375 °F